Featured Post

Review Hot Stix Golf - Go Time Golf

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review: Ping S55 Irons - Go Time Golf

Go Time Golf Review: Ping S55 Irons

Name of Manufacturer: PING Golf  www.Ping.com

Name of Product: Ping S55 Irons w/ KBS C-Tapers Lite Shafts Stiff

Overview: Ping states that the new S55 irons increase workability, add more forgiveness, launch the ball higher, and may add distance. I’ve had Ping Ansers in my bag for well over 3 years and simply love them! The last thing I expected from this test was to replace my current sticks. Well, I’m here to tell you PING has produced the best iron ever and they’ve found a place in my bag!
Pros:
- Everything PING states and more! From the 4 iron thru PW - the trajectory, distance, workability, and forgiveness is superb!
- This is by far the softest feeling non-forged club on the market
- If you need Professional Fitting (and you do) PING is the KING and it will definitely take your game to a whole new level
Cons:
- If I had one wish it would be for PING to produce this in a forged head but until then I’m still delighted with my S55s.
Performance/Playability: The PING S55s would get 1000 points in this category if we were rating that way! It may take you a while to dial in your added distance (I gained about 8 yards/club) due to getting the right combination with the KBS C Taper Lite shafts. I can work the ball right or left and have no problem landing them soft with long irons or hitting a few knock downs with mid/short irons!
Innovation: PING is an Innovation Leader in the Golf industry. They listen to their players and build clubs to improve every golfer’s game regardless of their swing or handicap. They’re quick to partner up with shaft companies to deliver even more options for PING users.
Technology: WOW! Where do I start… Compact, multi material, 17-4 stainless steel heads, tungsten toe weight, stabilizing bar, precision milled face, grooves and back cavity, and more! Now that’s a great use of technology!
Looks & Feel: The S55s have a blade like top line, setup beautifully to the ball, have a very clean look from all angles and feel smooth/soft thru impact! Simply Amazing! You’ll also notice that other players want to touch them and the golf course services folks will clean them more than other clubs because they’re so admired!
Go Time Golf Factor: If you’re looking for an awesome set of irons we HIGHLY recommend that you test The PING S55s out. I’m hitting more greens, gained a bit of distance, going after tucked pins rather than the middle of the green, improving my proximity to the hole, and most of all can hit a wider variety of shots with these gems! It was “LOVE AT FIRST STRIKE” with the PING S55s!

Summary: PING offers a wide variety of clubs that will improve your game regardless of your handicap. While the S55s may not be for you, feel confident that PING has a set of irons that will take your game to the next level. They’re a great company with awesome products! I’m sure that these irons will stay in my bag for a long time and will lower my handicap in a short time! 


The Ping S55s – It’s GO TIME!



No comments:

Post a Comment